Child Care Resource and Referral at John A. Logan College Back to JALC

Assistance with Managing CCAP

The provider's role in managing the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) can sometimes be confusing or frustrating. CCR&R's CCAP staff are available to help providers understand policies and procedures, complete required paperwork and access to helpful resources. In addition CCR&R sponsors a "What Is CCAP" orientation twice a year.

Provider Eligibility

Payment for providing child care can be made to any individual who is at least 18 years old, meets the specific requirements of the IDHS Child Care Assistance Program and legal care requirements for the state of Illinois. A family can choose from a variety of caregivers, including child care homes and centers that are licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services, family, friends, neighbors or licensed exempt centers.

Provider Responsibility

When a family applies for the child care assistance, the provider must complete the "provider section" of the application form. They must provide CCR&R with the actual care schedule, their correct address. social security number or Tax ID number and license number if applicable. It is also necessary for every provider to complete a W-9 form so that payments can be made from the Office of the Comptroller. The W-9 form needs to be completed only once unless changes are made. If you are a family, friend or neighbor you are most likely to be considered to be a licensed-exempt home provider. In this instance you are also responsible for submitting a "front and back" copy of your valid State of Illinois driver's license or a copy "front and back" of your valid ID card and social security card (a currently issued printout from the social security office showing your social security number would be acceptable in place of a copy of your actual social security card) as well as a background check and possible fingerprinting.

Payments and Payment Options

Each month the provider receives a Child Care Certificate, or billing form to complete in order to be paid for the correct number of days for the month. To complete this form, programs/individual providers must keep an ongoing record of the days a child is in their care. This is the number that is reported to CCR&R on the certificate. Completed certificates should be sent to CCR&R after the end of each month that care is provided. As an alternative, licensed homes and family friend and neighbor providers can also enter their own bills over the phone. When a provider is approved to provide care, information is sent to them regarding this payment option.

Payments are issued by the Office of the Comptroller in Springfield. Some deductions that providers may notice on the payment statement are union deductions and the parent's copayment. Beginning September 2011 all payments to individuals will be made through the IDHS Debit Card program or direct deposit, unless checks are specifically requested.

Track your Payments

Home provider can track their payments over the phone by calling 1-800-804-3833. This phone number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Follow the voice instructions to enter your Social Security Number (SSN) or Federal Identification Number (FEIN) and the service month of the payment. Center providers can track their payments through the state of Illinois' Comptroller's website at


Any provider who earns $600.00 or more in the calendar year will be issued a 1099 Form for income tax purposes. Individuals are considered to be independent contractors with the state. They are not employees of the state or of CCR&R so taxes are not taken out of the child care payment checks.

Centers should follow the appropriate tax procedures for reporting income from their individual businesses and should consult a tax professional with questions or concerns.

Housing Authority and Loan Request

Child Care providers are not considered to be employed by the State of Illinois. Non-licensed providers are considered to be self employed.

Forward all requests for information concerning provider loans, unemployment, and Housing and Urban Development (HUD) forms to:

Office of the Comptroller
ATTN: EARS (Expenditure and Analysis Research Services)
325 West Adams
Springfield, IL 62704
FAX #: 217/524-4808

1099 Requests

All non corporation providers earning $600.00 or more in a calendar year are sent a 1099 form .The Office of the Comptroller mails these forms by January 31st of the following year so providers have this information to include in their tax returns. If a provider does not receive a 1099 Miscellaneous Form by February 8th, they need to write the Office of the Comptroller. They must clearly indicate that they "Need a 1099 Form." The provider should be sure to include their name, address, social security number, and phone number with area code. They also must sign and date the note and mail to:

Office of the Comptroller
Attn: Vendor Unit (1099 Request)
325 W Adams
Springfield, IL 62704

Contact information for the Child Care Resource and Referral CCAP staff assigned to serve your county, go to our Staff page.

Parent and teacher in classroom

Whether you are new to the system or are an experienced provider, call CCR&R at 800-548-5563, if you have questions regarding the CCAP Program. We're here to help!